If you have watched any of the Republican debates at all, you have probably noticed that like every debate in the past, each candidate makes a set of promises that they will abide by. Whether it’s Santorum promising to “dismantle” Iran nuclear progression, Romney stating that his tax plan would not affect the “1 percent”, or Paul promising to defend liberty, it’s far too apparent that each candidate is willing to do/say whatever to gain political office.
How often have you been in a situation where promises seem honest, but in the end they turn out to be misunderstood or complete lies? There are many SEO companies in St. Louis. Here at The Clix Group, we have always taken ethics very seriously when providing our various SEO related services. However, I just wanted to take the time to highlight a few “red lights” when you’re out there looking for a St. Louis SEO company to lead your online marketing campaign.
STAY AWAY FROM:
- Companies that make promises
- – In the world of SEO, there are no guarantees. If an SEO firm tells you that they will get you page 1 results in 2 weeks, they are either taking advantage of you by trying to rank your site for a non-competitive keyword with low search volume (which ultimately won’t help you that much anyway), or they are lying to you in order to get a paycheck.
- Companies that offer one-time flat fees for SEO services
- – If you are looking for a one-time SEO fix, you might as well not spend the money. SEO is a long-term strategy that isn’t always dictated by rankings. SEO is all about driving traffic to your website through various trending media over the course of time. However, too many companies out there will tell you that for $150, they will optimize 8 of your webpages. My friend, go to www.w3schools.com and learn how to do this yourself (don’t waste money on one-time fees!).
- Companies that don’t communicate
- Communication is key to understanding one another’s goals, values and expectations. If you sign on the dotted line with a company that has a track record of not communicating on time then you are in for an adventure.
- Companies with poor on-page optimization and/or Flash websites
- If you are looking for an SEO firm or have been contacted by an SEO firm that has little on-page optimization then why would you trust them with your SEO?
- Companies with too much on-page optimization
- Ok, we get it. You’re an SEO firm St. Louis that provides St. Louis SEO and other SEO Services in Saint Louis. Psssh, give me a break.
- Companies that don’t care how they get results
- After performing numerous competitive research projects, we realize how many SEO firms in St. Louis are ethical and responsible in regards to their clients’ sites vs. the number of firms that just don’t care. Online marketing isn’t just about rankings (like I said earlier); there is some branding involved. How would you like it if your SEO company had backlinks to their site on Czech porn sites (true story). Just imagine where your backlinks would be…
- Companies that throw hidden charges at you
- This is unfair. What you see is what you get. Contracts should be WYSIWYG. You shouldn’t receive another bill in the mail for consulting charges.
- Companies with SEO experts
- There are experts and there are professionals. “Experts”, “Gurus”, “Aficionados”, “Masters”, and “Ninjas” are people hiding behind a title. Sure, some of these “experts” might be very efficient at what they do and in some cases warrant their title, but many times these are people who have read a book or paid money for a piece of affiliate marketing trash about SEO. SEO teams composed of professionals with variable skills and resources are always better choices for your online marketing.
Don’t let SEO companies or politicians pull the wool over your eyes. Do research on what your needs are and then match those needs with the services companies offer.