The following steps outline how to add users to a desired account/property/view in Google Analytics.
Full administrative permissions will have to be granted to your digital marketing agency in order for them to take full control of the account.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Select the Admin tab and navigate to the desired account/property/view
- In the ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, or VIEW column (depending upon whether you want to add the user at the account, property, or view level), click User Management.
- Under Add permissions for, enter the email address for the user’s Google Account. (Be sure that all four permission settings are check when adding Administrators to an account)
- Select the permissions you want. (More about this below)
- Select Notify this user by email to send a notification to each user you’re adding. Click Add.
- Be sure to access User Management under the ACCOUNT column when adding users with FULL Admin permissions. Anything else will NOT provide full access at the account level.
- Manage Users: Can manage account users (add/delete users, assign permissions). Does not include Edit or Collaborate.
- Edit: Can perform administrative and report-related functions (e.g., add/edit/delete accounts, properties, views, filters, goals, etc., but not manage users), and see report data. Includes Collaborate.
- Collaborate: Can create personal assets, and share them. Can collaborate on shared assets, for example, edit a dashboard or annotation. Includes Read & Analyze.
- Read & Analyze: Can see report and configuration data; can manipulate data within reports (e.g., filter a table, add a secondary dimension, create a segment); can create personal assets, and share them, and see shared assets. Cannot collaborate on shared assets.